Welcome to Libro Maniacs. This is the place for people who are nuts for books. We are here to help you and your book club find and discuss your next great read.
Troll around the site and you’ll find book club discussion guides, readalikes and great book club ideas.
Here’s our promise to you, dear reader:
- With our discussion guides, we will always endeavor to help you craft a stimulating conversation.
- With our book lists, we will try to help you and/or your book club find diverse reads. By that we mean book written by or featuring people of color, a range of sexual orientation, wide-ranging cultures and geographies, works in translation and interesting writing formats.
Libro Maniacs was started by Carol Guttery, a self described book nerd and recovering bookseller. Carol has been a member of book clubs for four decades and she earned her book recommendation chops during her 5 years working at a local indy bookshop.
Carol reads 60+ books a year in a range of genres– although she’s a sucker for sci-fi, spec fic and any book set in a library or bookstore. She loves books so much that when she travels, she always checks out local bookstores and lovely libraries!
In addition to Carol, we have a host of other writers who are avid readers, English Lit majors, word nerds and book lovers. This includes Janelle (who loves helping kids to learn how to read), Lucy (who uses her comp lit and library science degrees to recommend books to friends), Sarah (who is a tech VP by day and book clubber by night), Heather (who has an English degree and became obsessed with books because of Harry Potter), Mallory (who not only reads avidly but who also writes her own stories), and Lindsay (who reads across genre but loves curling up with a good mystery).
Let’s get started!
- Best Neil Gaiman Books (Rated with Synopsis)
- All John Green Books: Ranked with Synopsis
- Yellowface Book Club Questions and Discussion Guide
- Tom Lake Book Club Questions and Discussion Guide
- 14 Books Like The Song of Achilles: Gods, Gay, Ancient History and the Old World